Wednesday, May 2, 2012

I hate "Off"

So after Lily having 4 days off and being so good the week before I went out to the barn last night with high expections of getting in a good ride. I went out to get her with pups and she greeted me at the gate awaiting her stud muffin. She was her usaully baby self and picked up my groom tote several times while grooming and threw brushes and hoof picks around the aisle while I tacked up. I headed to the rung because after a couple days of rest she usaully "works" really well.

I proceed to hop on and walk around a couple of times and do some bending and she seems a little sticky in her feet and doesn't really offer to go forward. So I pick up the trot and she feels weird. I keep going and I can feel it is behind but it isn't enough to tell what is going on. I ask Keith to video for a bit and he says it looks like left hind. I watch the video and am not 100% sold. So I go ahead and try and push her through it and work for about 20 minutes with it getting a little better until we do our cool out where it felt like she was about to die. She was a slug... so I have Jonathan watch her and he says left hind as well but she isn't lame just "off".

So I will venture back out today hoping for improvement or for it to be worse. Either way iI will be happy but I hate the off factor. Either be lame or don't....LOL. So depending on what way it goes she will either get some bute or work :)

No comments:

Post a Comment