Friday, April 27, 2012

it's the little things....

So it has been almost 2 weeks since Pickles has gone to Apex to be Chloe's pony...Honestly I thought this would be so much harder. But it is so rewarding actually. Chloe does a great job of sending me texts and posting pictures to Facebook so I get to see my pony almost as much as I did in real life. I thought that I would worry and stress about Pickles behaving or if she was getting enough attention but seeing how much that little girl already loves that pony, I just can't help but be overwhelmed with joy. They had their first jumping lesson and Pickles was a star (like I expected less...HA!) Just knowing everything I wanted for her is falling to place, even though it might seem so small, makes a world of difference.

I have begun to notice little changes in Lily since Pickles has been MIA. I don't know why these changes are taking place but I love them. Lily has always been Miss Social Butterfly and seems to get into everything in her reach but lately it has been magnified. I feel that she is more interactive and focused on me and she craves attention and wants to be around me all the time. She sees me walking towards her pasture and her head is up in 2.2 seconds and she is heading towards the gate to meet me. I have always carried cookies around so that hasn't changed or had an impact, I don't think. But even getting tacked up, or groomed or bathed she is all about me and wants to interact with me way more than she used to! I love it!!!

I also find myself enjoying her more. Yes I want to show and yes she is a very nice horse that will be competitive but I am doing more of the fun stuff I used to do with only Pickles with her. I will go out and grab her from the pasture, throw on halter and lead and then take a trail ride with the pups, something I usually never did with her. Or I will do ground work for 20 minutes and then hop on and toodle bareback. It isn't the work ethic of we need to go jump courses or get her to use herself more, even though those are important things. It is hey lets just hang out and go maybe munch some grass while I sit on you and the doggies run around in the pasture.

So now that I have taken some big stressors out of my life I am starting to slow down enough to enjoy the little things. So whether it be enjoying the little posts about Pickles or Lily's little antics....I have realized its the little things that make everyday so special. Now if I could only transfer this to my like outside of horses I would be golden :)!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment